Effective Facilitation Skills
Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy. With its focus on fairness and creating an easy decision making process, an effective facilitator empowers the group to search for optimum solutions and consensus. The facilitator’s ability to control the workshop to achieve its objectives is key to the success of this method.
This workshop equips attendees with a structured approach to the planning, conduct and follow-up of facilitated workshops. Several facilitation techniques and processes are taught, and guidelines provided on why, when and how to use them.
Have you ever considered what it really costs to hold a strategic planning workshop, a staff engagement conference or bring key people together to make a decision or plan? When you add up the salaries, opportunity cost, venue hire and catering, it can be a significant investment in time, money and resources. Smart businesses know that maximising their return on this investment is critical.
As communication among staff, community groups and clients becomes increasingly important, managers need to draw on their skills of facilitation. This workshop will assist you to develop the skills and group process strategies to facilitate meetings and focus groups. Topics include – dealing with difficult people; listening and questioning skills; feedback and confronting skills, LENS and SAID methods; Map data and SWOT analysis
Benefits of Attending
- Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
- Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
- Learn how to manage the energy to establish / increase group trust
- Plan the process for different types of facilitation opportunities
- Develop strategies for dealing with difficult or unexpected situations
- Learn a useful facilitation technique to use to generate actions
- Choose and use a range of appropriate group process techniques to facilitate an effective outcome.