Innovation has always been a core element of organisational development and success. In today’s fast paced, rapidly changing environment, the ability to leverage battle tested best practice techniques to foster innovation has never been more important. The absence of effective innovation strategies causes organisations to fall behind and ultimately suffer poor financial and goal performance.
Whether you work in the private, not-for-profit or government sectors, the tools and techniques for innovation still apply. Top universities like University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business and Stanford’s D.School have provided solid research combined with applied practical tools for leaders to utilise in driving innovation. Innovation isn’t new, it’s often poorly managed in organisation. The concepts in this workshop bring participants up to speed on current best practice in innovation, leveraging innovation principles from around the globe.
In this half-day workshop, participants learn some of the best researched and tested tools that can be applied in any organisational setting. The course includes mini-case studies and examples of how these techniques have successfully been applied in other organisations. Lastly, the course covers the culture and self-efficacy requirements for creating innovation in your organisation to ensure that participants are aware of the highs and lows of the process.
This course can also be customised to your organisation’s needs and run in-house.
- What innovation is and isn’t
- Overview of the steps to take for setting up and delivering a Design Thinking project (an applied innovation process)
- Core tenants for driving innovation in your teams
- Communicating and achieving buy-in
- The role of Human Centred Design
- Design tools and concepts: Visualisation, Rapid Prototyping, The role of Data, Journey Mapping
- Comfort with failure and how to manage stakeholder expectations
- Follow up tailored one-on-one session to unpack your innovation after the session
Benefits of Attending
You will learn how to:
- Understand the requirements, mechanisms and barriers to innovation in your team and the organisation
- Understand the process of Design Thinking
- Apply key tools and concepts to your organisation
- Understand the value of failure in innovation
- Tailored one-on-one innovation session following the workshop
Who Should Attend
- Leaders/Managers needing tools and techniques for innovation
- Anyone who requires practical insights into an easy to use innovation process