Tailored leadership and management development
A local government council wanted to improve its reputation and business processes after an organisational problem led to a change in leadership and the introduction of a new CEO.
Integral Development was contracted to conduct an employee opinion survey to provide them with feedback necessary for improvement, in addition to being asked to present the City with a strategic planning proposal to provide and build leadership capability.
The City was particularly concerned with teamwork among senior leaders and the community and wanted to explore solutions to alleviate the possibility of future leadership challenges.
Integral Development proposed an integrated solution involving:
- The Integral Organisation Survey (IOS)
- 360 coaching and leadership development for senior executives.
Integral Development consultants facilitated a number of action planning workshops to prioritise organisational issues that emerged from IOS results and develop effective action strategies.
An independent evaluation showed the savings resulting from the implementation of the program were three times the original cost of the program.
These workshops occurred in conjunction with the leadership program and coaching which provided managers with the opportunity to gain a better sense of their own performance and the challenges that faced the organisation.
- The City’s performance has improved in all key areas measured by the IOS.
- Project implementation has benefited from improved levels of cooperation.
- Managers have become more engaged in advocating organisational change.